Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcome to Darlington




Yesterday I made my first trip out of the great state of California, 3000 miles to South Carolina. It's definitely a different kind of place, but I like it. I came out this way to help with the Inaugural Darlington Historic Racing Festival, which will feature all kinds of oval racing cars at the famous Southern track. Here are a couple of photos I took today.

It's interesting being behind the scenes and watching how an event like this unfolds. Today was a lot of final decision making and last minute organizing. People down here love their racing and a big turnout is expected, which would be awesome since so much work has been put into this event.

Don't know if I'll get much up this weekend but I'll try.

I tell you what, this humidity is something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any other pictures from the vintage oval racing event at Darlington the last weekend of August?

JP said...

I do. Fred give a call to vintage oval magazine for more info.