Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally some race pictures

Here is my first Vuvox piece. I attended their breakout session at the NPPA flying short course at San Jose State last semester and was extremely impressed with it. I went home that day and created an account, but haven't really done anything since.

I shot these photo at Auto Club Speedway, which use to be called California Speedway. These photos include vintage racers that ran with the Historic Champ Indy Association and with Vintage Auto Racing Association. Most of them are from the HCICA though. I hope to do a piece with sound soon, just trying to find time to get to it.



I know the file name comes up, when you click to enlarge. I wish you were able to edit that with Vuvox. Maybe be able to turn off the name thing or be able to change the name of the file. But I had already uploaded the files the other day and didn't have them with me to rename and re-upload.

Tell me what you think. Do you think it would be better as a slideshow? I have some audio, but it's mainly the sounds of the cars revving up and on track. I did interview one person but it would be hard to piece together without my questions, because of the way he answered.

Anyways, I have to say happy birthday to my wonderful girlfriend. Happy birthday Courtney.

1 comment:

Kyle Hansen said...

We have been using Vuvox at the Daily for photos, and I really like it. I am not a rel big fan of the postcard layout myself. I like to be able to see what I am going to click on, and I like to see the photos a little larger. I think a good group of photos can stand on its own without audio, but it depends on what you are trying to convey.