Friday, February 8, 2008

Photo woes

It seems like it's not safe to post your images anywhere on the internet.

Blogger Joe Hollak has written two posts on how photos can and are being used on Facebook and Myspace.

I have read in the past how images you have uploaded to Flickr can be used by third parties for advertising. They are basically legally stealing your images to make money.

But now you might have even a little more to worry about, as some Flickr users are finding their images on stock photo websites. Read here.

I like flickr, and the whole idea behind it. It's a great way to share photos and has some good groups. I don't want to throw a watermark over my photos, so I always try and load smaller images and disabled the "all-sizes" function. But I guess I am going to have to keep an eye out.

No comments: