Sunday, January 13, 2008

The other side of the tracks

So this weekend was the Mavericks Surf Contest right near Half Moon Bay.

So I was on my way down Highway 1 from Santa Cruz. But of course I missed the contest. I missed the 20 foot waves and all the hoopla of one of the gnarliest surf contest in the world. I missed the bands and the party. But hey, there's is always next year, hopefully.

My cousin came up from the valley and really wanted to check Half Moon Bay out. Both he and I got into surfing years back. In fact I remember the first time we rented those massive blue softops from the Unknown Surf Shop. Neither of us stood up that day, but there was a lot of falling and a lot of fun.

Since then we have caught the waves at our usual spot, but I tell you it has been a while since I got into the water. Anyways, I took this picture going up the one from Santa Cruz. It was a gorgeous day and even though I missed the contest, and the first quarter of the Patriots game, it was well worth it.

I call it, "The other side of the tracks"

No comments: