Monday, January 7, 2008

First serious shot of the year


One thing I have come to realize is that I want to shoot more. All great photographers just shot and shot some more. I am stuck in an office all day, and getting out to snap some pictures is a good cure for office depression.

Living in San Jose, and coming back into town has given me a new appreciation for pictures around town that I would have never seen before. I have always wanted to shot this old bait shop that I remember making a stop at before heading to the old fishing hole when I was younger.

Since then it probably has been condemned and reminds me that I am getting older everyday.

This was shot with a Nikon D200, but I also shot a half a roll of film on it. I love how I can stand in the middle of the road without worrying about getting ran over.

The clouds really make this photo. I took advantage of the three storm systems that made their way through the past week. I used my wide angle lens, though when I was shooting with film I used my 50mm. I can't wait to develop those.

Keep on the lookout for more photos from around the small town. I shot some on a holga a while back, just have to scan those in.

1 comment:

Apolinar Fonseca said...

If this is in Lemoore, I remember going there to buy bait with my grandfather when I was little. I'm surprised to see it's still standing. Thanks for taking the time to shoot the picture.