Wednesday, August 29, 2007


Although we're not truly into the fall season, last Thursday marked the end of my summer.

School started, (I don't know why on a Thursday) and I am back at it, hitting the books. But this semester is one I have been looking forward to since January. I have crossed that line from a Bulldog to a Spartan, enrolling at San Jose State University.

I have to say that I am pretty excited, and was even more excited about my first assignment for my online Journalism 61 class. Do you want to know how cool it is?

Guess what, you're reading it!

Yup, we have to have a blog, which is the way we will post assignments and such. Pretty cool to see that even journalism classes are keeping pace with the journalism world.

In my assignment I am suppose to introduce myself a little and say what aspects of media interest me, along with what I want to get out of this class. Here it goes:

I am Joe Proudman, hailing from the Central Valley. More specifically, a small town called Lemoore. I am very much so interested in journalism, mainly newspapers. I have a simple goal of latching onto a daily newspaper as a photog or reporter and riding it out for a few years, having all the fun that I can, before I move into teaching.

I expect to come out of this class a better reporter/writer. I hope to be more informed about the journalism world, and maybe make some contacts.

Here's to a good semester.

No comments: