Friday, August 17, 2007

My portflio problem

I have ran into a sort of problem lately.

I have been applying to different news publications, trying to land a spot as a staff member or freelancer. I market myself as a photographer and writer. The issue is, how do I show a possible employer my portfolio when I submit a resume and clips via email?

An obvious answer would be to create a website. Personally I don't have much knowledge in that area, nor the extra funds at the moment. It's an option, but with school starting next week, time will not be an option.

So I have decided to create a slide show which is in the above post, and a Flickr badge in the right column of this blog page that links to my portfolio with captions.

I think it's a nice temporary substitute for a website. But sooner or later I will need to get one of those up and running.

Is there anyone out there that wants to offer a helping hand?

No comments: