Friday, May 9, 2008

The Peak of my procrastination

Because I am who I am, I procrastinate a great deal. With the end of the year creeping up right now, I can not afford to do that. But I did. I am. Hopefully I have reached my peak, and will finally buckle down and get some stuff done. We'll see.

Anyways, I actual did do something productive while wasting time tonight. Finally got to test out my new SB-26, which worked like a dream. It is very cool having two flashes though it was a little tough to work around the optical slave. I need to get another Cactus receiver, which is also working like a dream.


My lighting set-up was one SB-24 to the camera right at 1/4 power and snooted. Behind the glass door was the SB-26 at 1/2 power with a red gel, which I got for free along with hundreds of other gels from Lee Filters. My settings were like 100 ASA at 1/25 and f/8 or something like that. I don't remember completely.

Not a bad way to procrastinate, but I still have a mountain of work ahead of me and not a whole lot of time.

2 comments:

Carlos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlos said...

You should try out the SB-800 or 600. They're pretty sweet flashes. You should check out this blog, if your interested in photo lighting. It's really helpful.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/?loc=interstitialskip