Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame....


So this week I am in Selma, shooting for the Selma Enterprise and Kingsburg Recorder, while their photog, Corey Ralston, is on vacation. Lucky him.

The big news in town is the 12 year old Cal Ripken Pacific Southwest Regional Tournament, which is compiled of teams from Hawaii, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Guam and California. The tourney is being held in Kingsburg

Two hometown teams and only two California teams, Easton-Caruthers and Kingsburg, are in the semifinals after beating some very good teams from out of state.

I shot two games on Monday battling bugs and heat, and will shot another tomorrow. The Enterprise and Recorder will be doing a scene page on the tournament.

I have had to use my cat-like reflexes and smooth moves, after a few foul balls and wild throws came my way. While shooting I have to be on the field in front of one of the dugouts, with no sort of protection. But that's part of the job, and it doesn't hurt to pray you don't get hit with a ball.

No comments: