Thursday, December 21, 2006

I love this job

One of the things about being a journalist is that everyday is new. I worked in a photo lab before steping into the world of news and I hated it by the time I left. It was repetitive, boring and low paying. I was ready for something new. Now this job can get repetitive, boring and is low paying, but it is fun. Working at a small paper, with a circulation well below 1000, you would think that not to many opportunities would present themselves. I tell you what, no matter how small a paper is, it is a lot of work to put one out, especially when you are responsible for photos and stories. And I have had some fun assignments. But anyways, yestarday I had an opportunity. I have been presented some awsome things on this job, stuff I would never do sitting behind a counter inhaling potentially cancer causing fumes. I got to ride in a helicopter. Now to some of you, big deal ehh? But for me it was awsome. I took pictures of PG&E putting "Cage Tops" on top of electrical towers by helicopter and they were kind enough to fly me up to watch and snap a few photos. So here I was sitting high above the orchards of Riverdale with the doors off of the helicopter and snapin' away. Best assignment I've been on, I tell you what. Well, maybe the most exciting, at the least. I just had to share.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: