Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Brooklyn Salsa Company

Me and Brian Park collaborated on this assignment about two guys who created a salsa company at the height of the recession and are doing fairly well for themselves. They are two great guys with a strong vision and great personalities. And the salsa is pretty good.



I really enjoy shooting video, but I'm a little green with a experience. I've studied it, watched tons of it and have a great eye. I just need to get out there and shoot more. Video is a difficult medium, because unlike photo you can't just explain something, you have to show it. This video was a great learning experience, working with what you have and meeting a deadline. I do wish I could have gone farther with it, shooting the guys on at their farms and such, but just like newspapers you're always time restricted.

No comments: