Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alexandra


So I am working on an assignment for class, and had to coax my friend into posing for me. I had to donate my money to some deaf turtles who some cruel people painted.

Just kidding. The money went to children of the Painted Turtle Camp, that her Sorority was helping out with.

But anyways, she did an excellent job modeling for me, even though she said she wouldn't. I used two hot lights for these photos. One behind and one in front of her. I got the lighting I was going for in the photos and she did an excellent job standing there, I mean modeling. The good thing about hot lights is that you usually get what you see.

I have not dealt with these kind of lights much or even bigger strobes, except when i worked at a studio. They are easier to manage than small strobes, though not as portable. One of my favorite studio photographers, whose name escapes me at the moment and it is killing me, used hot lights all the time and created wonderful images.

But these lights live up to their names and get really hot.

No comments: