Monday, December 3, 2007

Upgrade


With the holidays right upon us, I thought I would treat myself to an early Christmas present.
I picked up a D200 early last week, sticking with Nikon (like I would ever change) and taking advantage of all those people selling their older Nikon cameras back to get the new D300.

I would have loved getting a new D300 or even a new D200, but being the poor college student I am, I decided to save the $500-$1000 for a lens and go used. I always said that I would always buy a new camera, but the price was right and I have no complaints with the D200 so far. Shot the photo on this post yesterday.

Next, I am going to have to add a little more to my lens collection and then my Strobist kit.

What's on your holiday wish list?

1 comment:

Kyle Hansen said...

I have been thinking about getting myself a camera as well. I am no where near the professional needs you have, but I want something I can use for a variety of situations. Any suggestions for a beginner like me? Especially on lenses? What should I look for? I have been using a Nikon D40 at work, and want something better, but I am not looking to spend a fortune either.