Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Whoo-whoo are you looking at?


You know, sometimes I feel real lucky covering the rural parts of Fresno County. Often times, it seems that I come across stories that are not in existence in more populated areas. Things work different in the country parts.

The most difficult task, is finding these stories. To the right, and below, is young barn owls which were rescued at a winery in Madera, after its mother was found dead. Mrs. Mary Funk, who is a volunteer with the Fresno Wildlife Rehabilitation, was able to bring three owls into her class, before they dove into dissecting owl pellets.

Now this is no award winning story (I already received one from this class, as a CNPA Finalist for a story I did on them and their connection with a Ugandan school) , but I was able to come away with several interesting photos that can make up a strong photo essay. With the school season winding down, things will really slow down in the Twin City Times area, giving me a void that I will need to fill. I hope to fill these voids with photo essays, but we'll see. But the problem is how will I find these compelling essays, which could also lead to possible multimedia projects?

Anyways, here is to a summer that hopefully isn't too slow.

No comments: