Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pajamarino



I had a great time shooting this event a few weeks ago. It's a cool, small-town tradition that makes for a great homecoming event.Very rarely do I have the opportunity to go into an event knowing what to expect. I'm new in Davis, so everything is new to me.

One of the more overlooked skills I feel a storyteller needs, is the ability to think on your feet. I didn't know what the video would look like till I was at the Davis Amtrak Station. When I got there and got an idea of the event, I knew I wanted it to be fun, quick and have music. The band playing was the perfect option for that, and was about as authentic as you could get. I shot with the D800 and 24-70mm and 80-200mm. I used the juicedlink pre-amp for the audio with a shotgun mic. I did use a wireless lav for the interview. I think in the future I want to go out with even less gear. Maybe just one lens, like a 50mm.

Unfortunately, I was not in my pajamas. Next year.

No comments: