Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh how I miss Paris



This is one of my favorite photos of the trip.

It was a complete act of guided randomness. I wouldn't call it an accident and can't say that it was completely random. I purposely held the camera lower at an angle. I knew the focus would be iffy. I was pretty positive that I would capture a natural moment.

But I did not know how it would turn out.

That's okay.

What I like so much is the area in focus. Normally a head in front of a monument would be exposed well and in focus, to ensure its place of value in the photo. I don't know that the head in front losses any value. In fact it makes me think. Who is this guy? Why is he by the Eiffel Tower? Why doesn't he look happy? Is he having some issues? Why isn't he important enough to be in focus?

I did the same thing for this photo. I just wish I could have got more of the tower in the background. Not much more, just a more.

I think this is a style I am going to pursue. It's kinda holga-ish, even more since I went with the square crop.

No comments: